What is the purpose of the SGHS P&C?
Our Parents and Citizens' (P&C) Association is made up of parents, caregivers, citizens and staff. Members of P&C associations attend regular meetings to:
- Promote the interests of the school,
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school,
- Contribute to the welfare of the students at the school,
- Encourage parent and community participation in curriculum and other education issues in the school
What is the role of the P&C at Strathfield Girls High School?
We provide an opportunity to:
- Meet other parents and caregivers,
- Learn from the School Principal and Deputy Principals about what is happening at the school and future directions at the school,
- Hear from the Student Representatives and Prefects,
- Discuss matters raised by staff, parents and students,
- Provide input to help decide where the P&C funds will be spent to improve school facilities and learning opportunities for the students,
- All interested parties are welcome to the meetings, but in order to vote on resolutions or to stand for executive positions, must be a paid-up member prior to each AGM
Who are the current Executive Committee members?
- President Sam Taufa
- Vice President 1 Lena Malki
- Vice President 2 Anna Travia
- Secretary Jeevani Weerakoon
- Assistant Secretary Rita Nolan
- Treasurer Faizuddin Faizi
- Assistant Treasurer Anna Travia
When are the P&C Meetings held?
We meet twice per term, usually on the 2nd Monday of the month during school term. The meeting starts at 7:00pm.
Where is the P&C Meeting held?
In the Staff Common Room. Park on Albert Rd and enter the school via the gate near the gymnasium. The Staff Common Room is in the building on your left (with the lights on).
What are the subcommittees?
We have the following subcommittees and encourage parents to help support their initiatives:
- P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop Committee
- Grants Committee
- School Hall Committee
Where can I find the Constitution?
Click here for the link to the Constitution: Constitution SGHS P&C (pdf) last updated 6/11/2019
Where can I find the By-Laws?
Click here for the link to the By-Laws: By-Laws - SGHS P&C (pdf) last updated 6/11/2019
P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop
When does the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop open?
- Generally on the 2nd Wednesday of the month during school term from 1.30pm to 2.10pm
- Opening Dates for 2022: 8th June, 10th August, 7th September, 12th October, 9th November
- Appointments can also be made on request
- The shop is managed by volunteers
Where is the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop?
The P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop is located opposite the History Staffroom (upstairs at the end of N Block).
Directions starting from foyer are as follows:
- Go past the school office down the passage, turn right;
- Halfway down the hallway turn left and proceed up the stairwell;
- At the top of the stairwell, turn left and proceed down the hallway past Rooms N5 – N3;
- Turn left, then right and the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop is located on your right.
What does the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop sell?
We sell pre-loved uniform items, school bags, hats.
What payment type does the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop accept?
We accept CASH only.
Where can I buy NEW uniform items?
New uniform items can be purchased direct from Lowes in Burwood Plaza
New Hats and School Bags can be purchased directly from the School Office
Can we donate uniforms to the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop?
- The P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop relies heavily upon uniform donations. We welcome all CLEAN uniform donations in GOOD CONDITION. All money made from sales are channelled back into the school.
- Uniform donations can be brought directly to the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop during opening hours or you can leave them at the school office in a bag labelled "P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop".
Who can I contact to find out more about the P&C Uniform Pop-Up Shop?
You can email your questions to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact the following members:
- Ofa Taufa - 0450 417 797
- Vicky Huang – 0424 034190
Due to limited stock, please call or SMS beforehand to avoid disappointment.
Contact for more information
How can I keep informed about what happens with the P&C?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the SGHS P&C Google group.
Click here to view P&C news: P&C News
I have further questions to ask regarding the P&C.
Please send your question(s) via email to email@example.com